The 87-211-408-A (8X4 Matrix Switch) is an Eight In/Four Out, non-blocking composite video matrix switch controlled via a RS-232 interface. Video/signal interface consists of eight composite video input, and four composite video output channels. Signal routing is non-blocking, permitting any input to be routed to any output or outputs without signal degradation. Video inputs are 75Ω terminated. Video outputs are buffered with 75Ω series termination. An internal test pattern reference may also be selected to any of the output channels.
Single Unit Pricing $1489.00
- The unit also incorporates a Standard Definition (SD) Test Pattern Generator. Available test patterns are Color Bar, Black Burst, or disabled (for a small reduction in unit over-all power consumption). Test signal is also configurable for both NTSC and PAL B/D/G/H/I standard.
- Remote control functions and access to unit status are possible using the RS-232 interface. The RS-232 interface is a fully isolated, minimal “3-Wire”, EIA-232 compliant interface.
- A Universal Serial Bus (USB) port/interface provides the unit maintenance interface. This permits the user to view and change the default configuration parameters. Internal non-volatile memory is used to hold the power up default settings.
- A multi-color LED (green/orange) provides power and operational status.
- Power input, RS-232, and video input/output ports are all fully isolated to assist the user in preventing ground loops. Power and control connectors have an integrated threaded/screw flange for shock and high vibration environments.
|Input 1 Signal Type||Composite Video|
|Input 1 Coupling||DC|
|Input Configuration 1||Standard 75 Ohms|
|Input 1 Connector||BNC|
|Output 1 Signal Format||Composite Video|
|Output 1 Coupling||DC|
|Output Configuration1||Standard 75 Ohms|
|Output 1 Connectors||BNC|
|Power Connector||4 pin 3.5mm TB|
|Input Voltage 1||12-24 VAC|
|Input Voltage 2||10-34 VDC|
|Low Operating Temp (C)||-40|
|High Operating Temp (C)||85|
|Control 1 Connector||4 pin TB|
|Mounting||Two 6-32 Inserts|
This unit has an isolated internal switcher power supply. The unit will operate correctly on 12-24 VAC or 10-34 VDC. The power input is protected so power can be applied in either polarity. The supply provides the internal electronics with power totally ground isolated form the power input. No opto electronics are used so the unit is not temperature limited by the isolated supply. The power connector is a four pin plug with jack screws so the power connection can support high vibration environments. In addition to the two pins used for power input, a third pin provides access to the internal electronics ground circuit. The fourth pin provides access to an internal chassis ground that connects to internal ESD protection devices.
The package for this unit consists of a solid epoxy block. The internal electronics are assembled and tested before the encapsulation process. During the encapsulation the printed circuit board(s) are placed in a five sided box made of RTV mold parts. The cavity is filled with epoxy and the lid (top) of the mold is inserted. The curing process takes 24 hours. This type of package seals the electronics so water and contamination cannot affect the internal electronics. This type of package also provides superior resistance to shock and vibration compared to a metal or plastic box enclosure.